The Step-By-Step Plan to Launch Smart and Grow Your Audience, Brand and Income
without losing your sanity
crying bucketloads of tears
or working yourself to death
Does any of this sound familiar?
You decided to start a blog and online business.
You find yourself trying out every possible tool and trick, reading up on posts and signing up for webinars.
You start to think ten steps ahead (Facebook ads? Podcast? I need a designer and a logo etc.). You start to waste countless hours on things that aren’t yet relevant rather than the stuff that matters most.
That's because you don't know quite know what matters!
You've become a victim of analysis paralysis. You've gotten so stuck in the reading and researching stage of your blog that you just can't seem to move away from that to planning and doing.
All that initial excitement has been overtaken by overwhelm with EVERYTHING you need to do and learn.
Your blog is forever in 'launch' mode. You never make any progress. And you're this close to throwing in the towel.
You can work like a digital slave to start and grow your blog but all those hours don't matter if you don't have a plan for success or clear roadmap to follow.
If you're nodding YES to all of these, I have your back!
Who am I to be teaching you this and why should you trust me?
1. I started at sub-zero
I’m Meera Kothand, an email marketing specialist and 2x Amazon Best selling-Author.
I help bloggers and solopreneurs create authentic blogs and businesses minus the sleaze and build an unignorable, unmissable online presence. How? By simplifying digital marketing and blogging through step-by-step action plans and bite sized strategies so that you not only get it done but get it done without frustration and overwhelm.
My tips on email marketing and blogging have been featured on Marketing Profs, Addicted 2 Success, YFS, Smart blogger, Successful Blogging and several other sites.
I have first-hand experience with the frustration, overwhelm and desperation that comes with starting a new blog.
I started at sub-zero in March 2016 having never blogged before in my life.
No one knew I existed. I was not part of any mastermind groups nor did I have friends who had been blogging for years.
But in a span of 2 years I grew my blog, received tonnes of love notes from my readers, and now make multiple six-figures.
2. I had limited time and limited money
Like you, I had limited hours to work on my blog each day. I was a freelancing and I had a little one at home.
I also didn't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a solid beginner blogging course. Neither did I want to waste my time on information that was thin.
Like you, I wanted a simplified roadmap of the entire process of starting my blog and business without having to jump through hoops...something that would lead me to my destination with less distraction and more focus.
It took plenty of trial and error to figure out everything I know today.
These are the exact steps I took to start making a full-time income from my blog business in a single year, growing a loyal and engaged audience and building my authority.
I want to show you how you can do the same!
Introducing The Blog Startup
No matter what type of blog you are starting, there are some core components that you need to focus on if you want to make money with your blog.
This ebook introduces you to these non-negotiable core-components in the form of bite-sized strategies and pro-tips so you won't find yourself a year later wondering what went wrong.
This ebook wasn't created to help you master blogging. It takes several years for that - more than an ebook and a couple of days of reading. But this ebook gives you a plan for success before you even start. Think of it as a roadmap for your first 90 days.
DEFINE YOUR CORE - STAND OUT AND BUILD A BRAND THAT'S UNIQUELY YOU
- How to know from Day 1 if the niche you've picked will make you money
- A simple exercise to help you define your brand in the online space
- How to define your writing voice and who you're writing for
CREATE CONTENT THAT CONVERTS AND SELLS
- How to outline your content purpose and determine content categories so that every piece of content has a strategic role to play in your marketing
- The 3-Step method to find endless content ideas so you're never stumped on what to write.
- Plug and play blog post template to make writing your first posts effortless
GROW YOUR AUDIENCE + EMAIL LIST
- Promotion and traffic techniques to drive eyeballs when your blog is brand new
- How to capture that traffic and convert them to subscribers
- Create your first high converting opt-in freebie and landing pages - templates and formulas to follow
- Elements to include in your welcome email and series to make it irresistible to new subscribers
MONETIZE YOUR BLOG WITH EASE
- The 2M (+1) strategy to help you hit your first 1K blogging
- A walk through of the major ways to monetize your site: Ads, Sponsored posts, Digital products and Affiliate Marketing
- Different Models and how to pick the right one based on your strengths
- Choose from 2 launch plans and know exactly what you need to have prepared before promoting your blog
- Detailed task list with step-by-step instructions on what to do to launch your blog
BLOG ESSENTIALS (LEGALESE, SOCIAL MEDIA)
- Legalese of starting a blog and what you need to include on your site
- What you need to know about basic SEO to get started
- Pinterest 101 strategies to prepare your blog to take advantage of the huge traffic potential from Pinterest
What People are Saying...
You made everything easy to understand...
The book was amazing! I'm incredibly glad I bought it. I feel that for the price I paid, I got a LOT of content. I really appreciate that. I have bought other books on the same subject, and it feels like I barely received anything useful. The best thing I found useful was the amount of pages that broke down the ideas of blogging and allowed me to write down my own ideas. You made everything easy to understand. I will absolutely recommend it to others. Thank you for creating this!
Heather Drewitt, My Kingdom of Chaos
Your approach and style seemed to be the most relatable and detailed
I’m loving the ebook!
Out of all the ones I read about, your approach and style seemed to be the most relatable and detailed as to how to handle everything soup to nuts. I’m still working through it all very slowly but it has certainly helped tremendously in helping me narrow down so much in terms of voice, branding and writing style.
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed but not bc of your book- in fact I feel like you’ve helped me so much not to freak out! I would certainly recommend it to other people and have and can’t wait to show you what I’ve done when I’m finished. Thank you again for such a detailed approach to blogging and helping me get started!
This is all they need to get started...
Really loved this ebook. I like that it’s short, inexpensive, and has lots of info and resources in it for beginner bloggers without getting overwhelming. It shows you what to focus on and what to not focus on. Will definitely be recommending this for beginner bloggers since I believe this is all they need to get started.
Veronica Pineda, Actorhabits.com
The book inspires me...
The book inspires me and gives me hope that I can do this! I will be applying each and everyone of your tips!
Received more than double for half the price...
I have read a few of your products: The Blog Startup, The 1 Hour Content Plan, and your free blog course on Teachable.I am new to blogging and online business, and I am so happy that I discovered your work early on. Your material is very clear, practical, and encouraging. You definitely over-deliver. Thank you so much.
After purchasing someone else’s course on blogging, I can say that I received more than double the material for half the price with your Blog Startup book. Even your free Teachable course was better than what I paid for!
Lisa Gurrola, Topchoicelaunch.com
It's pure gold...
I rarely reply to any emails from the ones I've subscribed to, but tonight I've had a chance to catch up on my emails and started clicking through your mails. Wow, I am really impressed by your free content!
I also bought Blog with a Plan plus the Blogger overwhelm ebook. I've had a quick look and it's pure gold! I am so excited to have them in my hands and would be devouring this with much fervor.
This all came about because I've recently hired a business coach and I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of progress. One of the deliverables I was expecting from her is what your ebook is giving me, at a fraction of her rate!
Thank you for this resource. Now a Fan!
You show the big picture and zoom in simultaneously...
Meera I regret not having found you earlier.
I launched my blog just recently on a whim but then continued consuming and hoarding info which has crossed above $1000 within 4 months. All the noise and info has been driving me nuts and I've been struggling with what to do and when.
With this ebook, you show the big picture and zoom in simultaneously. I respect that you not only walk us through the steps but also help us in each section to deal with the potential hurdles. That's one of the best parts in the book. But what I love about you the most is that you teach blogging with integrity.
Hena Bilal, Mendingwithgold.Com
Gotten way more value out of it than I paid...
Meera,I'm only about 1/3 of the way through your ebook, Blog with a Plan, and I've already gotten way more value out of it than I paid. Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.
In a mere year you'll have an engaged audience and email list, you'll be making money from your blog and know the steps and actions you need to take to achieve your most immediate goal
You would have accomplished more than you ever thought possible, feel a sense of satisfaction and actually make progress towards this larger vision of what you want your blog and business to do for you
You don't flinch, get panicky or try different tactics hoping one sticks
You have a plan of action and every decision you take with your blog is calculated and intentional.
How The Blog Startup is different from
other blogging books out there...
Other Blogging Books
- Give a broad overview of blogging basics
- Does not cover how to be strategic about your content, how to stand out or define your brand and brand voice.
- Does not cover email lists in any kind of detail. A critical piece of the puzzle is left out.
The Blog Startup
- Teaches you to view yourself as a personal brand
- Covers detailed elements like defining your brand and writing voice
- Teaches you what you need to do to turn your blog into a business
- Shows you how to define your content categories.
- Walks through different monetization methods
- Teaches you in detail how to set-up your welcome email series, how to determine the right opt-in freebie and basic landing page training.